Whether you are a teenager buying your first car, or a parent taking on the challenge of finding a car for their teenager, there are a variety of aspects that must be understood before getting behind the wheel.
Regardless of your teen's protests, it is usually best to stay as practical as possible when buying the first car. Pick something safe and reliable because after all, who wants to be sitting on the side of the road a day after the car has been purchased just because the vehicle was your teen's favorite color?
With all of the makes and models out there today, there are a vast sea great quality used vehicles to choose from. The following is a list of some of the best used cars for your teen:
– Dodge Charger: This is a great vehicle that is safe to drive. It is not prone to rolling over and the size of the vehicle keeps the passengers safe. It's tough and rugged look leans towards the looks of a muscle car which appeals to the male teens, and it has an average fuel usage of approximately 25 mpg on the highway and 18mpg in the city. The cost of this car can be a bit high, but it is well worth it.
– Chrysler 300: This is a great looking vehicle that everyone in the family would like to drive, so the teen may find that they are wrestling with Mom and Dad in the driveway for the keys. On average, the price is a bit high, but it is a safe car. The gas mileage is much like that of the Dodge Charge.
– Jeep Wrangler: This car is popular with the teens because of all the extra gadgets it can come with such as MP3 players and iPods. Keeping that in mind, this may not make it one of the safest to be on the road with, especially if attention is focused on shuffling tunes instead of watching the road. With that said, the price is usually reasonable and the gas mileage is great. An added plus is that the government gave the Jeep a five star crash test rating, so you can feel safe about your teen driving in this vehicle.
– Chevy Cobalt: There are a variety of brightly colored cars to choose from with this model that helps to make it a fun drive for the teen. The price is affordable, even if purchasing it as a new car. It is also very fuel efficient. This is a popular choice of both teens and their parents because of its price, looks, safety, and fuel-efficiency.
– Chevy Equinox: If you are looking for a larger set of wheels, then the Equinox will fit the bill. Even though it is an SUV, which has a bad reputation for rollovers, the Equinox has a four star rating so that issue can be placed lower on the list of things to worry about The pricing is average to high and gas mileage is a bit lower coming in at 24 mpg on the highway and 17 mpg in the city.
Finding the right car for a teen can be a time consuming task, but the more research and test driving you do, the better it will be for you and your teen. Make sure that the car you choose has the options you require. Remember to compromise when picking out the car, and most importantly, have fun while shopping!